Mawanda Lwanga is a founding Partner at Mugabi & Mawanda Associates CPA. He is a Fellow accredited to the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA) of United Kingdom and member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda.
Prior to forming Mugabi & Mawanda Associates CPA, Lwanga was an Audit Manager in the Assurance services division at Allied Certified Public Accountants, a professional services firm providing Assurance, Advisory, Tax, and Transaction Advisory services.
Lwanga has functional expertise covering statutory and project audits, due diligence reviews, diagnostic studies, value for money audits, system reviews, internal control evaluations, taxation, financial accounting, management accounting, financial strategies and planning, credit reporting, business evaluations and payroll management.
Lwanga’s professional experience has been gained through work experiences in Kenya Sudan and Uganda His experience has been attained by leading various teams in serving major clients that include but not limited to: Office of the Auditor General, Uganda Road Fund, Ministry of Local Government designated Agencies, Ministry of Finance, Planning & Economic Development through the Second Economic and Financial Management Project (EFMPII), Centenary Rural Development Bank, Kakira Sugar Works (1985) Ltd, Esso (Uganda), Caltex Ltd, Give and Take (U) Ltd, Nile Bank, Sembule Investment Bank Limited, Delmonte (Kenya) Limited, African freedom of information centre, Institute of Statistics and Applied Economics, Makerere University, Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA).
- Founding Partner, Mugabi & Mawanda Associates (2017 – To date);
- Audit Manager, Allied CPA Uganda (July 2008 – August 2016)
- Internal Audit Manager, Uganda National Roads Authority (May 2005 to June 2008)
- Finance Manager, Fourways Group of Companies Uganda Limited (Nov 1993 – May 2005)
- Accountant, Ngege Limited Uganda (November 1990 – October 1993)
Qualifications / Memberships
- Fellow, Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (FCCA)
- Member, Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (CPA Uganda)
- Advanced training in the use of CASEWARE, IDEA data analysis tool